Thursday 17 March 2011

Age Limits




Today I got thinking about how obsessive we have gotten as a society about age. There is many reasons for this but the label for being old is getting out of control and limiting a lot of people. Its putting labels on people and putting them in has been boxes. This should stop.

These days I'm having conversations with people and many times the issue of age comes up either as a reference to their own age or somebody else. For example somebody will say, " Your a bit old to be playing rugby?"(I'm 34 by the way)Or you will here somebody say, "I'm getting old I should get married".

Now don't understand me wrong, there is nothing wrong with getting married, nor am I saying play a certain sport until you can hardly walk. What I am saying is that I'm getting the feeling that people are using age as the main criteria for why they are doing something. A lot of people that I here saying weird statements about age is in there 20s and 30s, which make the statements even more weird. If you want to do something then do it for the right reasons.

I think there is reasons for this, like our celebrity obsessed culture and our need to conform to society. But I think this is a problem that is getting a bit widespread and we should try to guard against it.

Don't let age limit you in life. Don't think because you are 28, 38 or 60 that you don't have the freedom or capacity to undertake anything in life. Most times the only limitations are in our minds and in the people around us.

The true test of how old you are is in your approach to life. You can be a 90 year old 20 something or you can be a 20 year old 90 year old. Its sounds funny but you get my point. Get out of that box that people put you in and follow your dreams. Make it happen. Take your freedom back!

Get more holistic health and fitness tips at http://www.fitnessviper.com


No comments:

Post a Comment