Thursday 17 March 2011

Winter Training

By Harry Nel



Winter has hit the northern hemisphere with a big bang. It's cold out there. And for me and you who is trying to stay fit in these months it is getting more difficult because of the old problem that I like to call winter laziness.

I find myself walking back home after work with the intention of going for a workout and then find myself taking a nap 30 minutes later, to lazy to get to my workout. Another problem is I will be walking past the pastry store and get the urge to buy a cheesecake (best ever). Then 30 minuets later, nap time again. Winter for me is a nice time but its a time to pick up those pounds and take laziness to another level.

So how can we fight this struggle with winter? Well here is couple of things that work for me:

(1) Do not go home before your workout. Go from work to Gym or the park or wherever you workout.
(2) Grab a cup of coffee, it's my best friend in the winter and its a great pre-workout boost.
(3) Avoid the route past your favorite eateries. Have a pastry on the weekend.
(4) Do not start thinking about your workout, the more you think the bigger the chance you will out think yourself of going. Just get up and go, stop thinking.
(5) Get a workout partner, somebody to make you feel guilty for not going.

Winter workouts is challenging. But if you get your mind focused you will get your workout done in no time.

Get more health and fitness tips at http://www.fitnessviper.com

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment