Thursday 17 March 2011

Exercise - What To Do

By Walter Chase


Introduction

I do not have a structured study in health or exercising, but I have been exercising and watching my health since I encountered some health problems when I was in my early 30s. Since that time, I have started exercising and I have made it part of my life. I have seen some people start an exercise program and fail to reach their weight goals or if they do reach them, they regain the weight they lost.
So why do these people not achieve or maintain their goals? Here are some reasons why:

Diet

When you go into an exercise program you also need to evaluate your diet. One of the big problems with the western diet is the amount of process foods we eat. These are high in saturated fats and Omega-6, both will not help you develop the lean body you want.

To make your exercise program more effective increase the amount of fresh foods such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Stay away from saturated fats and consume unsaturated fats such as essential fatty acids that can be found in cold-water fish.

As an example, I had a friend who started working out with me but after three months there were no results. His body fat remained the same and he did not lose any weight. What I eventually found out was that after working out, he would go home and consume a six-pack of beer every night.

Change Your Life Style

To be fit and stay fit you need to make an exercise program a part of your life style. You cannot exercise for three months and say that is it. It needs to stay with you and become part of our life.

What I did was set aside an hour a day to lift weights or do aerobics. It has become so much a part of my life that if I miss a day of exercise, I feel guilty.

Put Your Heart Into It

To many times I have seen people start an exercise program and they do not put enough effort into it to make a difference in their health or weight. When you first start an exercise program, aim for working off a thousand calories a day. Then when you reach your weight goal, you can reduce your exercise program to where you lose between 500 to 1000 calories a day.

Conclusion

If you start an exercise program you want to make it effective. To do this ensures you have a proper diet, which consists of fresh foods and less process foods. Also make exercising a part of your life and put your heart into it.

Walter Chase made a life style change when he was 35. When that happened he started taking supplements, exercising, which included weight lifting and running. Walter started taking Omega - 3 supplements five years ago and has seen many positive benefit. Receive a free e-book all about the benefits of Omega-3, at his web site http://www.goodfattyacids.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment