Thursday 17 March 2011

Give Meditation a Shot

 
 
  
Having a Go

Meditation is in reality nothing more than a form of putting your mind and body in sync. It is very easy to accomplish and with practice can really make a very nice and healthy difference to your well being.

All you have to do is decide that you are going to give meditating a shot and you are more than half way there. I will try to examine some of the reactions that I have had to meditating and see if that will be of use to you as you proceed to try it for yourself.

When and Where

It seems to me that the best thing I can do is to relate my personal experience and preferences. You can take it from there and make your own world happen.

For me the best and easiest time for meaningful meditating is first thing in the morning. When I wake up I am not hyper and ready to take on the day. A slow and easy start to the day is what I prefer and crave.

So I make sure that I get up 15 to 30 minutes before the rest of the household. This way I know that there will be silence and the absence of disturbance. This is one of the essential ingredients for meaningful meditation.

In the beginning 15 minutes is certainly long enough. You will find the optimum amount of time for you as you progress. But starting with 15 minutes will certainly give you the information you need to perfect your daily meditation.

That's the when. For the where I personally get out of bed, put on my comfortable robe and head to the couch in the living room. I can lie on the couch and feel wonderfully at peace. I close my eyes and don't find it difficult to have nothing going on in my head. After all it is early morning and my head hasn't yet gotten cranked up.

By merely lying there and letting whatever happens happen will put you in a meditative state. Things, thoughts and images will certainly wander through while you are there. The important thing is to use what concentration you require to make sure that your body is as relaxed as possible.

I find that I am able to do this easiest by starting with my scalp. I imagine my scalp relaxing in some way being released from the confines of my head. I move on to my face, ears etc. One by one I let them all just be without any tension or energy being there. This includes the muscles that you will encounter on your way down your body.

When you are able to get to your feet, wiggle your toes and make sure that your whole body is truly relaxed you will find that all sorts of great feelings begin to arrive. You don't even have to identify them. It really is best just to feel and let the sensations take care of themselves.

Conclusion

After you have reached that state of total relaxation and fantastic good feeling you know you have meditated in the right way and you will be amazed how much better the world seems when you actually stir yourself and begin the day of facing whatever there is to face. You will honestly find the day a lot easier to cope with than if you had jumped out of bed because you waited until the last possible moment to get up and consequently breathlessly shower, breakfast and dash off to accomplish the day's miracles.

I wish you a much more gentle and profitable beginning to your days from here on.

Enjoy having a shot at meditating. Dobbs Franks has a favorite place for meditation which you will find at http://bathroominhome.com/naturist-sauna. After you finish your meditation begin blogging about it at http://blogwithdobbs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment